AIBE is mandatory to qualify for all law students and candidates to practice as an advocate. The objective of All India Bar Examination (AIBE) is to examine an advocate’s capability to practice the profession of law in India. The AIBE will assess skills at a basic level, and is intended to set a minimum benchmark for admission to the practice of law. It assesses a candidate’s analytical abilities and understanding basic knowledge of law.
After passing the examination candidate will be awarded “Certificate of Practice” by the Bar Council of India. It is an open book exam where you can carry all your notes, study material and bare Acts.
To take AIBE, candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- Candidates holding a three-year or five-year LLB degree are eligible for appearing in AIBE.
- All candidates must be enrolled as an advocate with their respective State Bar Council, under Section 24 (1) (f) of Advocates Act, 1961.
- There is no upper age limit or lower age limit for candidates taking the exam.
- Mode of exam will be OFFLINE conducted at various centers.
- Exam will be an OPEN BOOK EXAM where candidates can bring their study material, bare Acts, notes etc.
- Duration of exam will be 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Exam will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Each question will have four answer options, out of which, one will be the true answer.
- There will be 100 hundred questions. Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark. There will be no negative marking for the wrong answer.
In AIBE questions will be asked from different areas of law. The official list of subjects and distribution of question is provided below-
|S. No.||Topic/Subject||Number of Questions|
|2.||I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)||8|
|3.||Cr.P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)||10|
|4.||C.P.C (Code of Civil Procedure)||10|
|6.||Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act||4|
|8.||Public Interest Litigation||4|
|10.||Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules||4|
|14.||Labour & Industrial Laws||4|
|15.||Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Act and Consumer Protection Law||5|
|16.||Law related to Taxation||4|
|17.||Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act||8|
|18.||Land Acquisition Act||2|
|19.||Intellectual Property Laws||2|
For more info about AIBE, visit the official site at https://allindiabarexamination.com/