The conducting body, Bar Council of India is responsible for releasing the exam pattern of AIBE XVI 2021. The exam pattern of AIBE XVI 2021 is made available by the BCI on the official website of the All India Bar Examination.
Candidates appearing for the BCI certification exam must be aware of the AIBE XVI exam pattern 2021. By knowing the exam pattern of AIBE XVI 2021 law graduates will be able to understand the basic structure of the examination. It is compulsory for all law graduates to obtain certification from BCI in order to practice law anywhere in the country.
The objective of The All India Bar Examination (AIBE) is to examine an advocate’s capability to practice the profession of law in India. The AIBE will assess skills at a basic level, and is intended to set a minimum benchmark for admission to the practice of law; it addresses a candidate’s analytical abilities and understanding basic knowledge of law. After passing the examination candidate will be awarded “Certificate of Practice” by the Bar Council of India.
AIBE will be conducted in 40 cities all across India. Candidates will have 11 languages to choose for attempting the examination. Examination pattern will be multiple choice question and it will be open book exam. The notification bringing the All India Bar Examination into force was passed by the Legal Education Committee and the members of the Bar Council of India at duly constituted meetings on April 10, 2010 and April 30, 2010.
- BCI has not specified any age limit to appear in AIBE XVI 2020.
- There is no minimum marks in the qualification exam specified in the AIBE XVI eligibility criteria 2020for candidates to sit in the certification exam.
- AIBE XVI 2021 will be conducted to determine a candidate’s capability to practice law and is not an entrance examination.
- Only candidates who have completed their 3-Year/5-Year LLB program are eligible to appear for AIBE XVI
- Candidates are mandatorily required to have registered with Bar Council in order to appear for AIBE XVI.
- Examination duration: 3 hours
- Type of Examination: Open Book
- Total Number of Questions: 100
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Total Marks: 100
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark per correct answer
- Negative Marking: No
- Constitutional Law
- I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)
- Cr.P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)
- C.P.C (Code of Civil Procedure)
- Evidence Act
- Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act
- Family Law
- Public Interest Litigation
- Administrative Law
- Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules
- Company Law
- Environmental Law
- Cyber Law
- Labour & Industrial Laws
- Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Act and Consumer Protection Law
- Law related to Taxation
- Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act
- Land Acquisition Act
- Intellectual Property Laws
Candidates can go through the tips & tricks to appear in the exam and qualify for the examination available on Legal Bites Academy.
- Go through the complete exam pattern and the official syllabus.
- Take Online mock tests and practice tests series.
- Must go through previous year test series.
- Online registration: 26th December 2020
- Registration Deadline: 21st February 2021
- Deadline for Payment of Application Fee: 23rd February 2021
- Last date to submit the application form: 26th February 2021
- Release of online admit card: 6th March 2021
- Date of Examination: 21st March 2021
- Result declaration: To be notified
- The candidates can register themselves online for AIBE 16 by visiting the official website www.allindiabarexamination.com.
- Candidates need to provide personal details like name, gender, father’s name, date of birth, address, etc to fill the registration form.
- After successful registration, a registration number and password will be sent to the candidates using which they can obtain the application form.
- Into the application form, the candidates will have to upload their signature, photograph, enrolment certificate, date of birth certificate, and advocate ID card in scanned format.
- Community certificate (for SC/ ST candidates) and disability certificate (for PWD candidates) should be uploaded into the form as well.
- All uploaded documents should be attested by the candidates before scanning.
- After providing all these details into the application form, the candidates can submit it online.
- Along with the application form, the candidates are also required to submit a specified amount of application fee.