Find the information related to eligibility, exam pattern and syllabus of the DU LLB Entrance Exam.
The University of Delhi is a Central University which offers admissions into law course through entrance exam. LL.B. in University of Delhi is a three-year post-graduate program offered at Campus Law Centre, Law Centre-I and Law Centre-II of Delhi University.
Admission to LL.B is made strictly on the basis of merit in the Entrance Exam conducted by University of Delhi every year. Here, find the information related to eligibility, exam pattern and syllabus of the exam.
- Graduate/Post Graduate Degree from the University of Delhi or any other Indian or Foreign University recognized as equivalent by the University of Delhi.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying degree examination are also eligible to appear in the DU LLB Entrance Exam.
- Unreserved Category and EWS Category candidates at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade point in the aggregate in the qualifying degree examination.
- OBC/CW/PwD Category Candidates at least 45% marks or an equivalent grade point in the aggregate in the qualifying degree Examination.
- For SC/ST Category candidates at least 40% marks or an equivalent grade point in the aggregate in the qualifying degree examination.
DU LLB Entrance Exam Pattern
- The DU LLB Entrance Exam is held ONLINE.
- The Test shall be of two hours duration.
- The language of the Entrance Test shall be English.
- Paper will consist of one question paper containing 100 objective-type questions.
- Each question shall carry four marks. For every correct answer, four marks will be awarded and for every incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted. No mark will be awarded or deducted for a question that is left unanswered.
The Test Paper will consist of one question paper containing 100 objective-type questions with multiple choice answers covering-
- English Language Comprehension: This section tests a candidate’s knowledge and understanding of basic grammar like vocabulary, passive voice, active voice, antonyms, synonyms etc. There will be unseen passages and questions related to other significant areas of English language.
- Analytical Abilities: This section assesses a candidate’s ability to think logically and apply that while answering the questions related to series, directions, blood relations, syllogism, analogy, etc.
- Legal Awareness & Aptitude: Questions related to contemporary legal issues and basic knowledge of different laws will be asked in this section.
- General Knowledge: The paper tests a candidate’s awareness regarding the recent happening in and around the world. Candidates are advised to keep themselves aware of recent events. Important awards (Science, Sports, and Literature etc), UN bodies and their functions, knowledge of the Constitution or the Judicial System, Indian Geography and History etc can be covered also.
NOTE: The list of topics above is not exhaustive. The questions can be asked from different topics as well.