Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra conducts MH CET Law or Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for law, a national level exam for admissions to law courses offered at the law colleges of the state. Through the entrance exam, law aspirants are shortlisted for admissions to LLB courses.
MH CET Law allows the candidates to get admission into 3 Years Law Course and 5 Years Law Course in Maharashtra State. Admission will be offered in the various law colleges of Maharashtra State.
Here, find the information related to eligibility, exam pattern and syllabus of the entrance exam for 3-Year MH CET Law.
- A candidate should be an Indian national.
- Candidates with Maharashtra domicile will be eligible for 85% seats in the law colleges
- Only 15% seats will be reserved for Outside Maharashtra candidates.
- Lower Age Limit: Candidates’ age limit should be 20 years (22 years for SC/ST of Maharashtra only).
- Upper Age Limit: There is no upper age limit to appear.
- Candidates must possess a graduation degree in any stream from any recognized university.
- General and reserved category candidates must have 45% and 40% marks in the qualifying exam respectively.
Note: Candidates appearing in the final year exams are also eligible and can apply for MH CET Law exam.
MH CET LAW Exam Pattern for 3 year Course is given below:
- Mode of Examination – Online mode
- Nature of Questions – Objective type i.e. Multiple-Choice Questions
- Number of Questions – 150
- Duration of Exam – 120 minutes for general/ reserved category and 30 minutes extra for PwD category candidates.
- Medium of Exam – Bilingual (English and Marathi)
- Marking Scheme – No negative marking and one mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
The marking Scheme along with the question paper pattern and subjects is provided below for the exam:
|Sections||No. Of Questions||Marks per Questions||Total Marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||30||1||30|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||40||1||40|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30||1||30|
The subjects for MH CET Law ( 3-Year) are listed below with detailed syllabus. The questions will be asked as per the level of the qualifying exam:
This section will have questions that will challenge the candidate’s interest in the study of Law, Legal Aptitude, and ability to solve problems. Based on a set of facts and legal prepositions, questions will be framed. Candidates are required to answer the questions considering the provided prepositions with strong conclusions.
General Knowledge of Current Affairs
To prepare for this section, aspirants must have knowledge of History (ancient, medieval and modern), Geography, Civics Economics, etc. Also, candidates must follow the newspapers regularly to stay updated with the latest events.
Logical and Analytical Reasoning
The questions in this section will test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links, and correct illogical arguments. Questions will include wide analogies, competing arguments, to draw well-supported conclusions, applying rules and reasoning by analogy.
In this section, questions will be based on topics like synonyms, antonyms, analogies, idioms and phrases, one-word substitution, sentence improvement, and rearrangement, fill in the blanks, common errors, spotting errors, inappropriate usage of words, spelling mistakes, etc. Also, questions there will be questions based on a comprehension passage
For more details, visit http://cetcell.mahacet.org/